Teachers in charge
- Mdm Yew Seok Chun (1st IC)
- Ms Melody Heng (2nd IC)
- Mrs Grace Yee
- Mrs Ang Kailing
- Ms Chua Wen Qian
Ms Lee Ying Ying
|Tuesday||7.30 am – 9.00 am||Primary 3-6 pupils|
|Wednesday||2 pm – 4 pm||Primary 2-5 pupils|
Chinese Dance members are taught the basic techniques of Chinese Dance. Videos of other schools’ performances are shown to pupils to enrich their repertoire. The instructors and teachers-in-charge provide opportunities for pupils to improve on their skills through teachers’ feedback and peer evaluation.
Chinese Dance members perform during school events such as Chinese New Year celebrations, Music in the City at Ngee Ann City - Civic Plaza, National Day Celebrations, Teacher’s Day and Prize Giving Day. They also put up performances at the Singapore Police Force during Chinese New Year.
- To promote passion for Chinese Dance in pupils
- To promote respect and cultural awareness among pupils
- To develop leadership skills and acquire positive values like confidence, team spirit, graciousness, perseverance, self-discipline and commitment
- To learn the fundamental skills of Chinese Dance and develop grace, flexibility, balancing skills and co-ordination
- To provide opportunities to perform in school events and competitions
SYF Arts Presentation 2016 Distinction
SYF Arts Presentation 2014 Accomplishment
2012 SYF Competition - Silver Award
2010 SYF Competition– Silver Award
Photos of pupils in action
Performance at the Singapore Police Force on 8th February 2017. They held the event as an annual Chinese New Year Celebrations. There is also a presentation of certificates to the participating schools.
CNY performance in school on the New Year eve in celebrations of CNY concert.
Performance for Music in the City at Ngee Ann City, Civic Plaza on 19th July. There were a total of 3 Chinese dances put up by our Chinese dancers.