Parent Support Group (PSG)
As the school works towards strengthening engagement with parents, we encourage parents who are not in the Parent Support Group (PSG) to join us as a PSG member. As a PSG member, you will play an active role in your child’s education by volunteering in the school activities/programmes/events. Many parents have found volunteering their services very enriching as it has created a positive impact on the child’s learning experience in the school. You may either complete the PSG Application Form available from the school website or obtain the form from our General Office.
Our Executive Committee
Chariman - Mr Tudor Vladescu
Vice Chairman 1 - Mrs Raniprem Asokan
Vice Chairman 2 - Mdm Leila A. Bundang
Secretary 1 - Mrs Joann Lamson MA
Secretary 2 - Mrs Shruti Mathur
PSG Coordinator - Ms Sandy Yeo
- Mrs Ang Kai Ling
Assistant - Ms Xu Yuanna
- Mdm Meenatchi
- Mdm Ng Gui Jia
- Mdm Nurfarhana
PSG Advisor - Mdm Lee Kee Meng
HOD CCE - Mrs P Bala
Joins us as a PSG member
For more information on the programs and activities, please speak to the PSG coordinator Ms Sandy Yeo at 6298 2911 (Ext 236) or email us at email@example.com.
Completed PSG Application Form can be sent by direct submission to the School General Office.
The School’s Parent Support Group (PSG) was formed by a group of parents who have a keen interest in contributing towards the school community and who readily impart their skills / render their services to the school. Over the years, the PSG has forged a strong and trusted relationship with the school.
The PSG is now motivated and innovative voluntary wing of our school’s Pupil Management Department. The school and the community have benefited much from activities supported by the PSG over the years. We are looking forward to recruiting more parent volunteers to help the PSG grow even further. We would like to invite parents to share their skills and area of expertise with the pupils and staff.
- To provide opportunities for parents to be involved in the school activities
- To foster greater bonding between school and families
- To give children a sense of pride as they witness the involvement of their parents in school
- By joining the PSG, parents can keep abreast of the school’s programmes. You can also understand more about your child’s learning needs as well as maintaining a strong collaborative bond with the School. As a PSG member, you can play an active role in your child’s education by volunteering in the school activities / programmes / events. Many parents have found volunteering their services very enriching as it has created a positive impact on the child’s learning experience in the school.
Programmes / Events
There are various programmes and activities that parents can support in and you can choose to participate and contribute based on your personal interest and / or your expertise / skills in a particular field. Some of the programmes and activities that PSG works closely with the school are as follows:
Daily / Regular Basis:
- Road Crossing
- Recess Patrol (Canteen, Fitness Corner, etc)
- Library Activities
- Recycling Programmes
- P3 Swimming Programmes
- Reading Programmes
- PE Equipment Loan
- CIP - Kallang River Litter Picking
- Maths Kiosk
- Modular CCA
Ad-Hoc Activities and Events:
- School Organised Events (eg. Teacher’s Day, Children’s Day, Racial Harmony Day, Prize Giving Day, etc.)
- Racial Harmony
- International Friendship Day
- Games Day
- Mother Tongue Fortnight
- P1 Orientation
- School Competitions
- Learning Journeys / Outings
- Specialised Talk / Workshop for Parents
- Culinary Sharing for Staff
- Health / Games Session for Staff
- Kindergarten Visit
Parents can refer to the School Bag website for resources to help them better support the education and development of their children. Developed by the Ministry of Education (MOE), the School Bag website contains articles on parenting tips, educational news, information on the school curriculum and resources for parents to support their children’s learning at home.