Home > Programmes > Character and Citizenship Education
Character and Citizenship Education
Character Development @ Bendemeer Primary School
Our school strongly believes in its mission that every individual can be nurtured to be an independent learner with an inquiring mind and strong moral values to achieve our school’s vision to develop our pupils to be “Life-long Learners, Rooted in Values”. We provide opportunities for our pupils to learn to be responsible individuals and understand their roles in shaping the future of our nation. The framework below depicts the interconnectedness of our school values which are in line with the CCE core values, social and emotional competencies and the 21st century competencies.
Learning Outcomes (LOs) for Character and Citizenship Education (CCE)
- Develop self-awareness and self-management skills to achieve personal well-being and effectiveness.
- Apply moral reasoning, display responsibility in decision-making, and demonstrate integrity to stand by moral principles and shared values.
- Develop social awareness and demonstrate interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Demonstrate resilience in the face of individual, community and national challenges, and develop the ability to turn challenges to opportunities.
- Appreciate our national identity, develop a sense of belonging to Singapore, and demonstrate commitment to the well-being, security and defence of the nation.
- Demonstrate socio-cultural sensitivity and promote social cohesion and harmony in Singapore as a multi-cultural society.
- Demonstrate care for others and contribute actively towards improving the lives of others to build a bright future for ourselves and to progress together as a nation.
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on and respond to community, national and global issues, and to make informed and responsible decisions as a citizen.