Purpose of National Education (NE)
- National cohesion
- Sense of identity, pride and self-respect
- Our Singapore story
- Unique challenges, constraints and vulnerabilities in Singapore
- Core values, will to prevail!
- Under the umbrella of CCE and VIA
Singapore is our homeland; this is where we belong.
We treasure our heritage and take pride in shaping our own unique way of life.
We must preserve racial and religious harmony.
We value our diversity and are determined to stay a united people.
We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility.
We provide opportunities for all, according to their ability and effort.
No one owes Singapore a living.
We find our own way to survive and prosper, turning challenge into opportunity.
We must ourselves defend Singapore.
We are proud to defend Singapore ourselves, no one else is responsible for our security and well-being.
We have confidence in our future.
United, determined and well-prepared, we have what it takes to build a bright future for ourselves, and to progress together as one nation.
Learning Outcomes (LOs) for Character and Citizenship Education (CCE)
- Develop self-awareness and self-management skills to achieve personal well-being and effectiveness.
- Apply moral reasoning, display responsibility in decision-making, and demonstrate integrity to stand by moral principles and shared values.
- Develop social awareness and demonstrate interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Demonstrate resilience in the face of individual, community and national challenges, and develop the ability to turn challenges to opportunities.
- Appreciate our national identity, develop a sense of belonging to Singapore, and demonstrate commitment to the well-being, security and defence of the nation.
- Demonstrate socio-cultural sensitivity and promote social cohesion and harmony in Singapore as a multi-cultural society.
- Demonstrate care for others and contribute actively towards improving the lives of others to build a bright future for ourselves and to progress together as a nation.
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on and respond to community, national and global issues, and to make informed and responsible decisions as a citizen.
The Journey of the Bendemeer Primary School NE Champ
NE Champs Training Session on Leadership Day
Learning Journey to Raffles Institution (RI) for NE Champs
Yearly NE Tshirt Competition for Primary Four pupils
Total Defence Day (TDD)
International Friendship Day (IFD)
- spark students’ curiosity about different cultures, so that students will be more open to learning from people with different life experiences;
- allow students to appreciate cultural diversity and nurture a willingness to embrace others from diverse backgrounds; and
- encourage students to welcome and integrate their international peers to the school or society. The experience of doing so will help cultivate strong bonds of friendship between them and their international friends.
Racial Harmony Day (RHD)
- Identity: What is an inclusive society to us?
- Relationships: How do we understand and relate to others in an inclusive society?
- Choices: What are our roles in building an inclusive society?
National Day Celebrations
At Bendemeer Primary School, National Day comes alive as both pupils and teachers leverage on this platform to perform and to showcase their talents while encompassing the National Day themes. The NE Department also seeks to involve external partners such as the GetActive! Singapore initiative to promote sport participation and inclusiveness through the Active Enabler Programme for all pupils. Pupils are treated to Zumba and other fun workout routines in sync with National Day songs.